Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Feliz Navidad!‏

Hola!
So I can't believe that Christmas came and gone.. and will be my only one here in the mission.  It went by super fast, wasn't too eventful, but what we did was
1-District meeting- and then had a little party after, some sisters made chicken, potatos, and spaghetti, and then for dessert my comp and i made hot chocolate with vanilla ice cream!  It was pretty good, and then we had a little gift exchange which was pretty funny, because we all had to make something, and let's just say that as missionaries we have learned to become pretty creative.. 
2- 'christmas dinner' with an investigator- we had red rice, and mole with chicken!  Always super delicious, and we didn't have room for pie.. because I was pretty nervous to talk with the fam..
3-SKYPE!!! Oh how great, i could skype with my family every day.  haha, but I am grateful for the hour that I got to talk with my family. :)
4- We were a little late, but the elders had a baptism, and here neither of the chapels had water, so we ended up going to a river for the baptism.  Even though we were late, we got to be there at the very end, and saw a few pics.  They said everything went well. 

So this week was a little different, but I wanted to share a few things that I learned from my personal study.. 
first off I am now in Mosiah, and loved a verse Mosiah 2:34
34 I say unto you, that there are not any among you, except it be your little children that have not been taught concerning these things, but what knoweth that ye are eternally indebted to your heavenly Father, to render to him all that you have and are; and also have been taught concerning the records which contain the prophecies which have been spoken by the holy prophets, even down to the time our father, Lehi, left Jerusalem;
SO-  all that we have is a gift from our Father in Heaven.  The part I like most is where it says that we are eternally indebted to our Father, so we should give all that we HAVE and all that we ARE.  To the part- 'who we are' is really who we represent.  How we act.  'If the Savior stood beside me.. would I do the things I do?'  

Then, we sang 'Where Can I turn for Peace?'  but of course we sung it in spanish, and I like the spanish version better.. so I will write here the last verse in spanish, and then my own translation.. i hope it isn't 'apostasia'..

El siempre cerca esta; me da Su mano.
En mi Getsemani, es mi Salvador.
El sabe dar la paz que tanto quiero.
Con gran bondad y amor me da valor.

ok.. now my translation.

He is always near, and gives me His hand.
In my Gethsemani, He is my Savior.
He knows how to give me peace, that I most want.
With great kindness and love, he gives me strength.  

I know that in all of the trials, and hardships, the Savior is there.  In our own 'Gethsemani', He knows how we feel, and what we are going through, because HE is the only one who suffered what we are suffering.  
And I wanted to share DyC 58:2-4
 2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.

 3 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.

 4 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

Have a great week, Happy New Year!!!
Hermana Zimmerman
 Feliz Navidad with our district!!
 me carrying a water jug so that we can have clean water to drink.. 
 faith is like a little seed.. :) IT WILL GROW!
3-this is what i ate for christmas! red rice with mole and chicken :)  it was really good.
 just my comp walking in our area... 
 skyping with the fam!
Selfie of my comp and I wandering who knows where to find a neighborhood..
 My comp and I with our little missionary :) (the youngest daughter of a recently converted family of the elders)
this is what i ate for christmas! red rice with mole and chicken :)  it was really good.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment