Monday, December 15, 2014

Mission Conference!

Querido todos,
This week was pretty good. :)  My first week with Hermana Hernandez, and I loved it!! She loves to work, has a strong testimony, and is all around a great missionary.  I hope that we can be comps for her last 2 transfers. 
This week we have been trying to find new people to teach, and in other weeks we've been able to find lots, but lately not so many.  So this week we were able to find one lady, Hermana A. who is interested.  In our first lesson we watched 'He is the Gift', and were able to feel a beautiful spirit when we watched it.  We taught her more about what plan her Heavenly Father has for her, what purpose Jesus Christ has in her life, and how she can have an eternal family.  :)
We then had a little surprise on Friday, when my comp. woke up and said she didn't feel too well, (but didn't act weird at all), and checked her temperature to find out that she had a temperature of 39 degrees C!  I'm not sure what that is in F, but it was really high, so we left immediately to the clinic and got her treated, and now everything is good.  We were there for a few hours, and then we went back to work!  Such a trooper is my companion.
Then that night when we got back to the house we had to get all ready to leave to Guadalajara for a mission conference of the two missions! (Mexico Guadalajara, and Mexico Guadalajara East).  So we left at 11 in the night, stopped by Uruapan to pick up other missionaries, and got to Guadalajara at about 8 in the morning.  The conference started at 10 and finished at about 1, then we left at about 1:30 and got home at about 11:15.  It was a pretty long day and a half in the bus... but worth it.  :)  
We had Elder Russell M. Neilsen of the 12 Apostles come to visit us, with a few other speakers.  It all turned out so well.  One of the parts I loved the most was that they all talked about how that they don't want this missionary work to only bless our investigators.  But the purpose of the mission is to convert all of us missionaries into strong, firm members in the church, that our generations with be active in the church, and that our generations can receive the blessings of the temple, but not only us as missionaries, but all of our converts as well.  
There was also a talk I've been reading that our Mission President gave us to read that is called 'Begin with the end in mind'.  And talks about how whenever we talk with the people in the street, have a first lesson, and are beginning to know people, our objective not is only to baptize them.  Our purpose to teach and baptize isn't complete if our converts don't receive the blessings of the temple and can live with their families forever, to recieve exaltation.  The Elder talked about how when he first met a family he thought- how good this family would look in white baptismal clothes.  and then thought- how good would this family look in all white in the temple.  This family was able to be baptized and sealed a few years later. :)  
I can just say that this conference was very spiritual, and I really learned a lot.  We also got to hear a few words from the mission presidents, and both of them were so sweet.  I am very grateful for the opportunity I have to be in this mission with my mission presidents.

With all that being said, I am very grateful to be here in the mission, I am looking forward to complete my goals, not only here in the mission, but when I return.  

Love,
Hermana Zimmerman
 My comp. and I at the conference!
 Bus ride to Guadalajara !
 Bus ride back to Lazaro!  (about 9 hours...) 
 My strong comp at the clinic. :)

my comp and i with our first '12 days of christmas' :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment