Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014!

Hi everyone,
So this week with my comp was all right.. I'm just saying that because I feel like I personally need to be doing a lot of things differently, so that will come this week.  The good thing is that my comp is great and when I told her I wanted to change some things she asked me, 'Great! What would you like to change?  Let's make some goals.'  So now I am going to try to improve a lot of things.. We will see how everything goes there.  :)  
Today I was reading in Luke, and wanted to share with you all the parable of the Good Samaritan. 
30 And Jesus answering said, certain man went down fromJerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped himof his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him halfdead.
 31 And by chance there came down certain priest that way: andwhen he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
 32 And likewise Levite, when he was at the place, came andlooked on him, and passed by on the other side.
 33 But certain Samaritanas he journeyed, came where he was:and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
 34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil andwine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn,and took care of him.
 35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence,and gave them to the hostand said unto him, Take care of him;and whatsoever thou spendest more, when come again, willrepay thee.
 36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour untohim that fell among the thieves?
 37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesusunto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
Here is talking about the the first great commandment. -Love God abod everything, and then love your neighbor... this is something very simple, but I want to invite you all to be kind and to serve everyone.  It doesn't matter who they are, if you don't like them, if you aren't friends, if they have offended you.  Please do your best to be a representative of our Savior Jesus Christ.  
Here are some funny things that have been happening...
1- After we washed our clothes last monday, we ran out of water.  So we left to go pay the water bill, but that wasn't the problem, and they said they weren't cutting anyone's water.  We were super confused because our neighbors had agua, everyone but us.  Well, it turns out that we are super lucky that the elders live very close to us so they were able to give us water, and then our neighbors in front of us told us that they could share their water with us.  So I was thinking 'oh how nice are our neighbors!  Well, it turns out that our neighbors that live right next to us have been stealing our water.  Because of that we haven't had any water.  So that was cool.... 
2- This is for any future missionaries or missionaries that don't like what the members feed them. Luke 10: 
 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eatsuch things as are set before you:
That's my little message I share with you, but I wish everyone a very happy Christmas, I hope that everyone has a great one, whether they are away from home, or with their families.  
Not only that, but enjoy the blessings of the Gospel.  Enjoy the blessings that we have- with thos knowledge that Jesus is our Savior. 

Love,
Hermana Zimmerman 
 me with Hermana Buttars from the MTC!! :)
 My comp and I on the bus...
Just doing a little service helping a sister in our ward make piñatas. :) Voy a venderlos cuando regreso a casa.
 Giant Christmas Tree!
I'm a piñata.
 I changed houses...
 It's been a while... so Feliz Navidad Miranda Style
Just a little frozen magic.. it's called 'mujerdocio'.  haha just kidding...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment