Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 25

HOLA!!!

So, this week was pretty darn good.  To be honest, this week went very fast. We spent a lot of the week finding new people to teach, and the people that we found are just so great.  The people here are sooooo nice, and friendly. 
Not in order... but things that happened this week-
1-Divisiones.  On wednesday we have divisions with the STL's and I went to Tarimbaro with Hermana Christen!  Hermana Moncada had the opportunity to visit Aeropuerto again (haha my old companion).  It was just great there.  And kind of funny, because in the morning we had a few lessons, then we ate, and then all of the plans we had after we ate (so around 3)  no one was in their houses.  But, something that I really liked, was that even though all of our plans fell through.. we walked and walked, and tried to find people who were not originally in our plans, but we worked hard. 
This week was especially good because an investigator that I have been working with my entire time here finally accepted a baptismal date!!!! It's pretty much a miracle, so i am very happy.
While we were in divisiones my companion had a new lesson with Hermana M.  We originally contacted her this past week and they visited her on wednesday with her friend Hermana R..   We then visited her on friday, and this time her friend Hermana R.  was there.  So we taught them more about the Restoration, but treated it more as a first lesson.  These two ladies are sooo nice!  While we were having the lesson Hermana M.  invited us to eat with her when we don't have anyone to eat with.  Which was kind of funny, because Saturday we technically didn't have plans to eat with any of the members (don't worry, it was just that the member lives really far away, so we couldn't really go eat where she lives).  So my companion said 'oh Hermana, you answered my prayers!'  So we had lunch (or the main meal here) with them on Saturday, and we had corondas (i think that's how it's spelled)  which are the favorite of my comp.  We had another great lesson with them, and we taught completely the Restoration.  But something that I loved, was that the day before we had invited them to pray to know if the message we taught was true and if the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  Hermana R.  told us that she did pray, and that she felt such a good feeling, a feeling very strong of peace, and just overall felt very good.  She has been struggling with a few hard things in her life, so Hermana M.  told us that after R.  had prayed, she was kind of a new person, much more at peace.  Ahhhhhhh, how great!! :)
We also had our Zone Conference with our Mission President, that was as well very good.
I don't recall mentioning this before... but something that I have done a lot here now is sing.  I sung with our zone leader at the last Zone meeting, and at this conference, I sung once again with Hermana Casanovas!!!  Oh man, talk about nerves.  I also ate something hot before we sang, so it wasn't very good... but it is something that my leaders keep asking me to do.. I later sang solo at the baptism of the Hermanas Capacitadoras (STL's), because before their baptism was the baptism of a man in my ward of the Elders. 
And then, General Woman's Conference!!! How great was that??  Kind of weird that just 6 months ago I was there.. and now I'm here in Mexico, listening to the conference in Spanish.  But very cool.
Then, today for P-day we went to the central of Morelia!!! and it was soo great, I love Morelia.  Because there are a lot of holidays in Mexico right now (2 weeks ago on the 15 or 16 was Indepence day for Mexico, and today or tomorrow is the day of Morelia.. or something like that)  So there was a giant flea market.. oh man (my family knows how much I like these).  :)  And I tried this super delicious ice cream that had little balls of strawberry (i think..)  but was suuper good.
So... that was my week!  Oh, also on a more spiritual note, yesterday we had another new lesson with a mom and her 2 daughters (10 and 9 years old)  and I could feel the spirit so strong.  At first when I invited them to be baptized I wasn't sure they were going to accept, because the 2 daughters go to a Catholic school, but they accepted!!!  I'm not exactly sure the words I said, but I could definitely tell that the words weren't mine, that the spirit was there to guide me, to know what to say so that they could accept to be baptized.
Love you all!!! :)
Hermana Morelia Zimmerman

P.S. almost forgot!!! this week i was reading in Moroni 8 and wanted to share this last thought.
 
 My beloved son, Moroni, I rejoice exceedingly that your Lord Jesus Christ hath been mindful of you, and hath called you to his ministry, and to his holy work.

 I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.
it was pretty cool :) love you tons!
 
Look what I found!! A car with a license from Utah :)
 
 Missionaries in Aeropuerto!  haha we ate with our mission leader after church, and they had these pretty cool glasses.. :)
 my comp and I in Morelia :)

 CHURROS!!! here they fill the churros with chocolate, or this caramel like stuff :)
 shout-out to my girls.. haha this was in an antiques shop in el Central :)
Morelia :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment