Monday, September 22, 2014

Semana... yeah. :)‏ Week 24

Hola everyone!!! One more week gone my in good 'ole Aeropuerto.  This week wasn't too busy, and there are always things that I can improve on.  
This past week we had a lesson with a less-active family.  We are reading with them the Book of Mormon, in chapter 3, and a few verses stuck out to me.
 
(haha, yeah i know the first 2 verses aren't quite the 'spirit' but helps with the message about what I learned)

13 And behold, it came to pass that Laban was angry, and thrust him out from his presence; and he would not that he should have the records. Wherefore, he said unto him: Behold thou art a robber, and I will slay thee.
 14 But Laman fled out of his presence, and told the things which Laban had done, unto us. And we began to be exceedingly sorrowful, and my brethren were about to return unto my father in the wilderness.
 15 But behold I said unto them that: As the Lord liveth, and as we live, we will not go down unto our father in the wilderness until we have accomplished the thing which the Lord hath commanded us.
 16 Wherefore, let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; therefore let us go down to the land of our father’sinheritance, for behold he left gold and silver, and all manner of riches. And all this he hath done because of the commandments of the Lord.
This might not make complete sense, but as I was reading this passage, I thought about the mission, how I am here.  In this part of the story, (we all know), Nephi and his brothers were sent to retrieve the plates from Laban.  Laman went first, but didn't have success, and was already ready to return to his father.  BUT- Nephi says in verse 15- 'we will not go down unto our father...until we have accomplished the thing which the Lord hath commanded us.'   What I felt, was that no matter what happens, and whatever missionary, we can have the courage to keep all the commandments and be faithful to our Father in Heaven.  When we as missionaries received our mission calls, it states for '18 months' or '24 months'  not 4 months.. 1 week... the complete time, UNTIL WE HAVE FULLFILLED WHAT OUR FATHER HATH COMMANDED US.  Yeah.. I liked that a lot. :)

I feel that I shouldn't share any of my lessons this week.. but let it be said, that the range was from awkward to tears... :)  But don't worry, I'll share when I return ;)  And let it be said that teaching the 10 Commandments to Catholics is a lot harder said than done.

Also, we had a short meeting with an 'investigator' (isn't married)  and she said 'Oh hermana Zimmerman!  When you first arrived here you were a lot skinneer! But don't worry, you look a lot better now.'  haha oh crap.... I blame it on pan de dulce and tortillas.  

Love you all!  
Hermana Morelia Zimmerman
(The Bishop gave me a new nick-name) :)
 
 
 My new companion Hermana Contreras!! :)
This pic was taken in the area of the Elders (it was my area.. haha)  and behind me is basically my area!  The hills are super fun to climb, #JustSayin

No comments:

Post a Comment