Monday, February 23, 2015

Ya casi...


Hey Everyone!!!
I hope all is well.  :)  The work keeps moving along, and we are working on making this last week count, as it is the last week in the mission for my comp. 
This week we had divisions with the STL's!! I stayed in my area, for the second time, and Hermana Johnston came to Palmas 2!  We got in a few visits, and the best part was at the end of the day we were able to set 2 baptismal dates with some of my investigators that haven't really been wanting to accept dates.  We taught them the purpose of baptism, and what are the 3 main characteristics- How Jesus was baptized, and now they are progressing more, and I am pretty happy there. :) 
When we got back from divisions (or exchanges?) we passed by a lady who sells chicken, and she ended up talking to us!  It was so great, she said she wants her daughter to be like us (even though she is only 10 years old), and we set a meeting for the next day to teach her.  So before we went to teach her we did some practices in the morning of asking inspired questions in the first lesson, to really get to know the people we are teaching, and to use these questions from How To Begin Teaching.  It turned out soo well in the lesson.  I don't remember exactly what question we asked, something like 'what made you want to listen to our message?'  And she said that God must have put us in her path and directed us to her.  :)  We've only had one lesson with her, and she couldn't come to church, but we are going to try to visit her and her family this week! 
As my comp and I have been talking more about how we can do better in our own teaching methods, and in our first lesson.  What points we really need to teach, and this is kind of obvious, but it really hit us this week how important it is for the people to understand the Restoration of the Gospel.  So this week we will be focusing more on how we can help our investigators understand more about the Restoration.  Here in Mexico there are so many missionaries from other churches, the people treat it like just another message, or just another church.  But it isn't just some other church, it is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, that has finally been restored here on the earth.  The more time I am here in Mexico, this Gospel just makes more sense.  

I hope you all have a great week!  My invitation to all of you is to work on your own testimony.  We got to meet with a less active family who is super nice, and their 2 daughters aren't baptized, but are less active because their testimonies aren't very strong.  So as we will be working with them on strengthening their testimonies, I invite all of you to read the talk from Elder Christensen from General Conference in October 2014, about 'I know of these things for myself'.  I think that is what it is called.. :)

Love you all!
Hermana Zimmerman
 Our district more Sisters than Elders :D
 MIXTAS!!!! :)  These things are HUGE! I know it just looks like a giant quesadilla, but it's better than that.
 Pictures with members for my companions last sun. in the mission ;(

These shoes are on sale:D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment