Monday, August 31, 2015

BEST WEEK EVER!

hola!!!

Here in Las Juntas, we have seen sooo many miracles... so I feel like I can't even write letters anymore, so here are just a few points I wanted to share with you all. :)

I have decided that I am one of the 'sembradores' here in the mission.  Or meaning- I work, plant the seeds, and then when I leave the area is when success comes.. haha well I also realized this week that that was only slightly true, but we just have to accept that as missionaries, our main work is 'plant the seed' and with time and patience, the seeds will be ready for the harvest... (wow that doesn't make much sense..)

This week we had the baptism of Hermano J.!!!! :) :) :)  I couldn't be more happy, I have already talked a little about him (his wife has been active now for about 4 months), we have been teaching him for the past 6 weeks, and his baptism was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had in my mission.  He accepted this message whole-heartedly, ready to work and give service in the church... the day of his baptism (on sunday) we went over early so that he could be interviewed, and we asked if he invited his family to come.  At the end of church 3 of his kids showed up with their families, and we held the service.  It was very simple,  his wife spoke, and shared how happy she was that her husband could be baptized (quick blessing- he said he wants to take her to the temple :) #keeper) and after the ordinance he was going to share his testimony.. but the words didn't come up because he got very emotional, and sat down.. but basically the whole family was crying, my comp and I were crying... it was a very happy occasion.  One of his daughter-in-laws who we had only met once before thanked us for the work we had given.  :)   We will be working more with his family so that they can also accept this message and be sealed as a family!!! 

We had splits this week with the STL's, and it was also great.  We went to visit an active family, and they gave me free shoes.  Such a humble, and loving family, I love the people here in Mexico (not just because they give me free stuff...) but really, knowing that they love the missionaries.  Hna. Forsgren (the STL I was with) shared with me a scripture that I loved and wanted to share..

10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of lovewhich ye have shewed toward his namein that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
 11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
 12 That ye be not slothfulbut followers of them whothrough faith and patience inherit the promises.
 13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because hecould swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
 14 Saying, Surely blessing will bless thee, and multiplying will multiply thee.
 15 And so, after he had patiently enduredhe obtained thepromise.
Also, Hermano J.'s wife spoke for her first time in sacrament meeting, and shared how for a year she wanted to return to the church, but she was a little lazy and didn't look very hard.. but one day she said a prayer that she could find it, and she left her house to go to the store, and that is when my comp and I asked her if we could share a message about the restoration of the church of Jesus Christ, and she accepted. I also cried a bit... 

Another investigator we have is also amazing, and we just got permission from the Pte. so that she can be baptized before I leave!!! So if all goes well, i will be praying a lot... she will be my last baptism. :)  She brought her sister to church yesterday. 

One last miracle... we have another investigator Hermana M. who we have been teaching for a few months now, but her progress wasn't that good.. she would usually forget to read the book of mormon.. even though she went to church.  Well, this week she was determined that Satan wouldn't get in her way, and she listened to the Book of mormon a lot this past week!! And on sunday at the baptism and another day when we went to visit her she told us. 'I already want to be baptized... soon.'  YAY!!! Patience is a virtue. :)  

I am very grateful for this work, the ward I am in, for my companion, and the 17 months I now will comlete on wednesday in the mission.... 

Love you all, have a great week!!!

Hermana Zimmerman :)

                                            
 pic with Hna. Forsgren from our splits a few weeks ago!
 BAPTISM!!!!!!!! Hermano J. and his family. :)  
 selfie sunday.. #mepene (I got ready)
 another selfie... (sorry, we actually looked nice for once so we took a few..)
  family we are teaching. :)
freaking spider we found in the house yesterday... :O

No comments:

Post a Comment