Monday, July 13, 2015

Seeing progress.. :)‏

Hey everyone!

So this week was pretty great, and this round training, isn't as hard as the first time... haha I feel a lot more prepared.  But my comp has been great this past week, helpful and came very prepared. :)  

In the past 3 months with my first comp we worked really hard to be able to know the are, find people to teach, know the members and really be their friends (but there are a ton of members here so it is kind of hard) and help reactivate the less-actives.. haha well, the usual.  As we had been working, yes we did see a lot of miracles while Hna. Lopez was here, but this week was even more of a miracle, as we were able to invite a few of the investigators we had already been teaching to be baptized and they accepted!!!!! We finished the week with the most baptismal dates I have had in a while. The best was with a current investigator Hna. M, a reference from a less active we have been working with.  In these past 2 months she did not want to accept a baptismal date, and I am sure it was the spirit, but last friday she finally accepted!!! The coolest thing with her is really see her change.  In my mission I felt like I haven't been in the full progress of a change of someone, but knowing here since the beginning, ahh... she now comes regularly to church, and really is a lot happier than when we found her. 

I just wanted to share a quick story about the sister we found Hna. S. who got baptized when she was 8, but hadn't been to church in 38 years until we talked with her in the street.  So we have been trying to find a way to also teach her family, and we always ask if there is a time we can visit them, but still haven't come up with an appointment.. But she has been doing her part, leaving the Book of Mormon in places in the open where her husband or her kids can see it and read it.  She says that her husband now reads more than she does. :) She also shared with us that a member gave her a copy of the Ensign, and the past week she had a lot of questions, and every night when she went to read the Ensign, there she found her answer!! #WordsOfTheProphet And she told us that her daughter's boyfriend has had a rough past, but he wants to change.  So late at night, the past week, he told her that she couldn't go to church on sunday without him.  And yesterday he came!!! And really liked it, so she is doing her part, and really... I love her. :) 

Yesterday we were able to contact a family, who the husband got baptized when he was about 9, but then moved and hasn't been to church in almost 20 years as well.  And his wife isn't a member, but we had a good first lesson with them yesterday, and they commited to come on saturday to an activity we are going to have, and on sunday we are going to pass by to go with them to church! 

Random... so last week about thursday, when I went to get ready to bed I walked into the bedroom, and saw a few white-ish spots on my bed and on my comp's bed.. that looked like poop... so I started looking everywhere thinking 'oh no, I hope there isn't a rat... but why is there poop inside of our house???' so I asked my comp to come look, and we started searching... basically we found A BIRD inside of our house!!  Don't ask me how it got in, I have no clue.  But we scared it out... that is probably one of the weirdest things that has happened so far in the mission...  (haha Sis. Kem Thompson, this reminded me of you) ;)

In other news, this saturday we are going to have a ward mission activity that is going to be SUPER awesome!  I will send you pics next week, but basically, we are going to hawaii!! ;) haha, I'm stoked.

Hope you all have a great week! Love you!

Hermana Zimmerman
 Here is my new comp, from last week when I picked her up.  Haha sorry the pic isn't that good, and we haven't taken pics since... But she's great ;)
 The bird that we found in our bedroom that had pooped on our beds... 
our zone! with our banners
 sweet investigators we are teaching. :)  one of my last pics with sis. lopez
sorry the pic doesn't look good at all, but that is what a part of my area looks like!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment