Monday, November 24, 2014

Workin

Ok, so this week was a pretty good week.  We had more lessons than normal, found a lot of people who are married (woohoo!) and had inter-cambios (interchanges?)  with the STLs!   
I got to work in the area of our leaders with Hermana Valdez, and it was super great!  (side-note, she's going to live in Utah when she gets back from the mission, so I can see her!!)  We had some fun working together, and learned a lot.  One of the coolest parts is that in my area we have beeing teaching a couple (Hermano G. and Hermana N.) and the mom of Hno. G is sick, and lives in the area of the STLs, so since I was there I got to go visit her!!! We got to share a message with her daughter who was taking care of her.  
This week I was pretty excited, because we had about 7 people that said for sure that they were going to go to church, and then yesterday... no one.  :/  But that happens sometimes.  Also we have been planning that one of our investigators can be baptized this week Hermana T. but we have a problem with her family... so I am hoping that all will go well because she really is ready and has been listening to the missionaries for I think more than 2 years now.  

The work continues to move forward, as we keep receieving more missionaries and are all trying hard. :)
 
This week I was reading in Mark 8:34-38, and I would like to leave you all with this passage.. 

34 ¶And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me,let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
 35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoevershall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall saveit.
 36 For what shall it profit man, if he shall gain the whole world,and lose his own soul?
 37 Or what shall man give in exchange for his soul?
 38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my wordsin this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Sonof man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Fatherwith the holy angels.
I know that if we put the Lord first, we will be blessed.  Maybe not in the moment exact, but in the end, in the world to come, in some time or other, we will receive our reward.

Love you all, ¡suerte! 
 
Hermana Zimmerman 
 Beautiful Lazaro!
 Otter pops Mexico style :D
 My humble abode
 Lazaro
 Ok, this pic i totally copied from one of my missionary friends... but it was a good idea. :)
 TODAY WE WENT TO MCDONALDS!!! It's not in my area... but I got to enjoy a fudge sundae and churros.. 
2 of the cute YW in my ward!  They were baptized about 6 months ago I think... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment