Monday, June 8, 2015

Reflection Week

Hey everyone!! So this past week was probably my favorite of my entire mission.. so here we go..

First off we had a ton of success with our lessons with members!! We did a few divisiones with some sisters, but the most special part was seeing how the members and their experiences helped our investigadors.  On tuesday i went to visit Hna. G. with her daughter, and a sister, and my comp went to visit our elderly investigators, with an elderly sister. In my lesson we taught the law of chastity, and basically they are also passing for a few difficulties in their family. But at the end of the lesson, Hna. D. said the prayer, asking that Heavenly Father would help her out, because she really wants to be baptized. True intent is everything.. and my comp went and visited like I said our favorite elderly couple, who was baptized in another church and still haven't quite accepted baptism, but for the past 4 weeks the husband has came to church with us!  What I loved most about this week was that the members who came with us were able to share with our investigators exactly what they needed. 

Then on friday we had a zone meeting that also was definitely something that I needed.  We read a few scriptures that I would like to share.. Alma 4

 19 And this he did that he himself might go forth amonghis people, or among the people of Nephi, that he mightpreach the word of God unto them, to stir them up inremembrance of their duty, and that he might pull down,by the word of God, all the pride and craftiness and all thecontentions which were among his people, seeing no waythat he might reclaim them save it were in bearing downin pure testimony against them.
I love this scirpture at the end that talks about how we shoudl have a pure testimony.  And this week in my personal study I was remembered that to teach, a missionary doesn't have to be the best speaker, or have all of the intelligence, but the most important is to have a testimony of this gospel.  

and also Luke 22:
54 ¶Then took they him, and led him, and brought himinto the high priest’s house. And Peter followed afar off.
 55 And when they had kindled fire in the midst of thehalland were set down together, Peter sat down amongthem.
 56 But certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, andearnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was alsowith him.
 57 And he denied him, saying, Woman, know him not.
 58 And after little while another saw him, and said,Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, am not.
 59 And about the space of one hour after anotherconfidently affirmed, saying, Of truth this fellow also waswith him: for he is Galilæan.
 60 And Peter said, Man, know not what thou sayest.And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
 61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. AndPeter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had saidunto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
 62 And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.
Our ZL taught us that we can change the story.  The story of Peter has now passed, as he denied Christ 3 times.  But as we change the story it now says basically.. -when the people said that peter was with christ- 'Yes, I was with Him. I know Him.  And I will tesitify of Him.'  We all have the opportunity to testify of Christ, we do not need to be afraid, to stand as witnesses of Christ.  I invite you all to alwayss stand as a witness of Christ, and don't every deny Him. 

On thursday we had a ward mission activity that the Elders came up with, we set up 2 tables with pamphlets, and basically talked with everyone we could in the street!  I had a cool experience with a sister who is leaving on a mission in 2 weeks, we talked with a lady in the street and as she left she said 'how great it was that i stopped by here today, and that I was able to talk to you two.' ahhh, GOLDEN!  The only thing is that she doesn't live in our area... but she was prepared to find us that day, and we will pass the reference to the other missionaries. And we also found a less active and his family, and we are going to visit them today!

On saturday we went to each with a sister.. and basically it was an eye opener to me.  She has also had a lot of trials in the past year, as I am learning I feel like we all have trials- and in our own way our own trials are very strong, and we don't know how to overcome them, or even understand them.  But I loved what she said, basically- 'I will not let what happend pull me down.  I will make my way out of this hole I am in, because I will not storp trying, the adversary will not win.' haha basically that... 
But I also had a moment to remember who I have become as a missionary.  I was brought back to my first months in the mission.  How I had felt, -I didn't know Spanish, I hardly knew the doctrine, I was a little scared, and didn't know how to be a missionary.  Over the 14 months of my mission so far I have had various comps, a few areas, but more than anything experiences that have helped me know.. who I want to be.  Clearly right now I am not perfect, but I can now say that I can now speak spanish, I understand and can teacht the doctrine... there are so many things that I have learned in the mission, I can't see my life without these months I have been here serving.  I know I only have a little time left, and this time shall not be wasted.  It's kind of funny.. because now I feel prepared and ready to be a missionary.  And I now have 4 months left.. 

I know that there are a lot of people at home thinking about going on missions, and I know that even though I still haven't finished my mission, I have been so blessed for the opportunity to serve one.  

Que tengan una buena semana a todos, les quiero mucho, se que Dios vive y siempre les va a ayudar en cualquier cosas que necesiten, si su deseo es sincero, y Dios juzga prudente.

Les quiero MUCHO,
Hermana Zimmerman
 14 months in the mission :D
Missionary Activity!! Basically all JAS (YSA) us the missionaries, and our ward leader mission. SUCCESS!
 My mission buddy- shout out she leaves to Chihuaha in 2 weeks! WAH
Food from Paraguay-- YUM. Everything is so good here.. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment