Monday, June 15, 2015

Miracle

Hey everyone!
So this week was great!  To sum it up, we went on divisions.. or splits? with the STL and i went to the center of Guadalajara.  I think I like my area more.. but I was there 2 days, and the second day we literally walked about 7 or more hours.. but welcome to Mexico. But at the end of the day we had a lesson and about 3 members came to teach with us.  And we had to teach Lesson 5 completely plus about 5 commandments from the lesson 4.  But we did it!  and everything turned out well, the investigators accepted everything and got baptized on saturday.  

When I got back to my area we were able to do more visits with a few investigators, and the best part was that a man we have been teaching for a while and has come to church now for 5 weeks in a row, accepted a baptism date!  When we went to visit him on about Friday, he said he wanted to share what he has felt with the other members- in testimony meeting (because we that was the past sunday).  But yay! 

Then on sunday was stake conference.  And we make super good plans so that everyone could come, because the conference center isn't even in our stake boundaries.. but we got up early, went on splits with some sisters, and when we got to pass for the investigators basically they all didn't feel good.  And didn't want to come.  So I was a little frustrated, but said a prayer in my heart that they would have the desire to go.  So we passed by a few times at each of the 3 houses, and one by one they decided to go.  Prayers of faith do work.  And also an investigator we have been trying to get to church for a couple weeks made it as well! Anyway, everything at the end turned out well, and the conference was also very good.  

Our stake pres. lives in our area, so we got to eat with them and did a few practices on how to share the Gospel, with their kids.  It was pretty funny.. actually the kids remind me of my little sister and cousins.  So on sunday the pres. shared about the pure gospel, and that after a year and a half of being president, he now understood his role.  And all of our roles.. is to share the gospel, because it is pure.  And the gospel is what brings us together as a family.  
Scripture- last week I was reading in Alma, and liked this one.. Alma 22:
 15 And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy.
What are we willing to give to receive this joy? 

Have a great week!
Hermana Zimmerman
 so it hailed this week, luckily not in our neighborhood, but at an investigator's house, and the kids saved the hail.  sooo big
 A sister who did visits with us on sunday, #testimony
the rain has started... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment