Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 18 -

Ok, so this week we had a zone conference, and in the zone conference we receieved permission to visit the temple!!!!! HOLY COW I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! haha, before we weren't allowed to visit the temple, unless our converts got sealed in the temple and we were invited to their sealing, but we just received permission, so I will have the chance to go to the temple!  I'm not sure when, but at least one time in my mission I will be able to go :)
This week with Hermana Moncada has been great!  I love working with her, she is a great teacher, we get along, she has a great sense of humor, and we are working. 
This week we had a few interesting experiences.  So I'll share with you all 2 lessons we had.  Funny first :)
We had a lesson with an investigator (now an antiguo investigador) (haha) Hermano R.  He and his wife on a store where they sell bread, (my goal is to convert all of the panelerias or bread store (with donuts and bread that has chocolate, stuff like that))  and this was our 3rd lesson.  He is very strong in his religion, and knows the Bible very well.  So when we first arrived we asked if we could start with a prayer, and asked which of us he would like to give the prayer.  He said 'both of you', and we said 'well, you can choose one of us'.  And he said, 'well fine, all three of us.'  He wanted us all to pray at the same time, so we were all talking.  We didn't really quite know what to say.. but we kept saying, 'well, if we are all talking we won't be able to hear what you are saying..' it was pretty funny, in the end my comp just said 'I will pray.'  Then in the lesson he has a bunch of questions about the Book of Mormon.  He read the introduction, and because it says that Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith, he thought that he was Jesus Christ (because Moroni appeared to him in a form resurrected).  And basically any time we tried to read with him a part of the Book of Mormon, for example we read a part in Nephi that talks about the bible coming forth out of the mouth of a Jew.  So he said that Nephi was racist... and stuff like that.  We finally decided to leave and asked if he would say the closing prayer, so he said of course.  (oh, he also believes that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are one person)  So in his prayer he prayed to Jesus, the Eternal Father, and asked to give us (the missionaries) understanding, and guidance so that we can know the truth.  Also he called us 'Hermana Z and Hermana Moncada'.  Haha he couldn't say my name.. so that was pretty funny.  But any lesson we had with him he offered us free bread, so I did get a few donuts :) 
The other lesson we had with V.  V. is awesome, and is really interested in the church.  He has already been to church 8 times, but won't accept a baptismal date.  He also has a piercing that he doesn't want to take out, but during the lesson he took it out for a lot of the time, and also in church yesterday he took it out for a bit while we were talking!  So he is progressing, we just have to figure out how to get him to the baptismal font... haha just kidding, but he really is SO ready!  It's a little frustrating, but we have another meeting with him tomorrow. :)  In this lesson we talked abou the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and I think it really touched him.  He actually started to answer our questions, when usually his answers are (I don't know, who knows?' Answers like that. 
I want to finish this weekly letter with a scripture that I like.. Moroni 7:26
16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
Sometimes in life we don't know what to say when we share the Gospel, or in any situation.  We don't think that 'we have the knowledge' or that we can't feel the Holy Ghost.  Which is why I like this scripture a lot, because it says that the Spirt of Christ is given to every man.  Not just me, or not just for certain people.  All of us have the Spirit of Christ.  When we are baptized we receieve the Holy Ghost with us as a constant companion, but before baptism we can still feel the Holy Ghost, because we have the Spirt of Christ. 
I also like a latter scripture: 
 33 And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.
If we have faith in Christ, whatsoever thing we need to do in life can be fixed, or whatsoever challenge can be overcome, or whatever decision we need to make can be made if we have faith in Christ. 
I love you all tons, and hope you all have a great week! :)  And pray that I don't gain weight.. haha just kidding :)
Love,
Hermana Zimmerman
Sorry, only one pic this week!  I tried this fruit yesterday with some members, and they had me scared.  It's the fruit of a cactus, and they kept saying, 'don't worry, it's not too hot!'  and stuff like that, but it was basically like watermelon, watery.  But not with the same taste..
yummy cactus?!

No comments:

Post a Comment