Monday, August 4, 2014

Time for Change

Haha I really should stop trying to come up with creatve titles for my letters, because they just aren't working...
But here I am, still in my area, but with a new companion Hermana Moncada!!! :) She is awesome, funny, nice, and I can already tell that she is a hard worker.. haha as of the past 4 hours that I know her.
This past week in my area my comp and I worked super hard to find new people to teach.  We ended up talking with the most people we have yet in our area, and recieved their addresses so that we can teach them!  We tried to contact a few of them last week also, but it turns out that some of the houses didn't exist... haha :)  
On Wednesday we had divisions with our Sister-trainng leaders whch was awesome!  I had the opportunity to be in the area of the trainng leaders, and really enjoyed my time there.  The ward was super friendly, we did some service with our zone leaders, had a few interesting lessons, and really just had an awesome time.  Hermana Christen is an awesome missionary :)
Because this last week was the last week with my companion, I really just want to say that I am very grateful for all of the things I learned from my comp.  She really is a hard worker, has a strong heart and desire to serve, and is very humble.  Together we worked hard, learned a lot, and had success.  
I am still in my area (like I already said), my companion is from the state of Mexico, has 3 sisters, and has 3 more months in the mission than I have.  And I really look forward to getting to know her better!  
This sunday was a little sad, none of our investigators showed up.. And we have such promising investigators, especially a young family who said more than once that they would come to to church, but didn't show.  :(  But all is well, and this change will be fun!  
Geez, I don't know why I always forget what happened in the week to tell you all... but, IM DONE WITH TRAINING!!! Haha I feel like I am officaly a missionary!  Also, I forgot to mention, last Sunday, the bishop and ward mission leader thought it would be a good idea to have a 'missionary sacrament meeting' so all of us missionaries spoke, and I SANG.  Holy cow, was I nervous. Originally it was just going to be me singing, but it was all of us (4 missonaries) and the ward mission leader singing the first verse of I Beleve in Christ (I think... hahaha) and I sang the last verse in English.  It was very nerve-wracking for me, but I did it!  And I hope I don't have to do it agan... just kidding, but it was a once in a lifetime experience :)

Love you all, and I'm off to a new start!
Hermana Zimmerman :)
 splits with Hermana Christen
 Servicio!
my new comp Hermana Moncada!
one of the last photos with Hermana Garcia!

No comments:

Post a Comment