Monday, September 21, 2015

Last Week......:(

Hola...
pues... this will be the last letter from me as a missionary.... :(  

This last week in our area was great.  We weren't able to work too much because of a stake activity- family search, had to go to the hospital for my comp (everything is good for now), and had my last zone conference.  But besides that- the most important was we had the baptism of hermana R!!!!! :D   

During the whole time we have been teaching her, she has always completed with her comitments, always reads her Book of Mormon, always offered us flavored water and sometimes gelatina when we went to visit her.... She is the best.  After her baptism she said 'thank you so much my little sister.  My missionaries.'  2 of her children were able to attend, and her son brought her flowers. :)

This past friday like I said I had my last zone conference, and it was my favorite conference of my whole mission.  Our zone leaders had asked a few of the missionaries share messages from Chapter one of PME, about Our Purpose as misionaries.  Then Pte. Egginton (mission pres.)  and our stake president also talked.  It was all very inspired, and more than anything- I received an answer to a prayer I have had even before the mission.  :)  God answers... eventually.. but always. 

I have learned, at the end of every transfer, or everytime I have had a change of comps, that even though there are differences in every companionship, I have loved the opportunity to be able to get to know better all of my comps.  Especially with my comp right now, my last one... I remember when we started out, because she was new, well there are always things that new missionaries need to learn.  But I was a little worried, because she looked like a challenge.. (haha she'll be fine that I share this.)  But in our last weekly planning session on thursday, we were able to open up completely, and we really have a strong bond.  I have loved that about being here in the mission, learning to overcome differences, and being able to become a better person.  

And I realize that I had to come on the mission, to become a better person... to change who I am, and to leave even the smallest things behind.. even though I still am imperfect.  I have learned that one of the most important things in the mission, is to accept the counsel of your leaders.  They know what is best for you, and as you obey their guidance, you... or I have learned how to become a better me.  Just a quick invite to those who are in the mission... LET THE MISSION CHANGE YOU, don't try to change your mission... I remember when I first started the mission, our pte. had lots of rules, we weren't like any other mission.   My trainer on top of that was a very obedient missionary, and always tried to be a better person.  I am grateful that I could change.. 

Yesterday at church, the bishop asked us all as misionaries to speak, and it was also one of the most spiritul sacrament meetings..  Each of our talks were very different, talking about how one missionary is a convert- before they knew the gospel, they didn't think they could be happy.  Because they found the gospel- they decided to serve a mission, to help others find happiness in a darkened world.  Another talked about how he converted at age 16, and one of his goals was to find a 16 year old young man to baptize him.  And he was able to do it here in this ward.  Another missionary reminded the members to be more conscious of the new members and the new investigators that go to church- we need to be more loving towards them.  And I got to talk about basically my whole mission- the impact it has had on me.... haha I definitely cried- but I was happy because I was still able to talk. :)  It was all very... great. 

Then yesterday we went to say goodbye to a convert- because he is only home on sundays, and when we got there they had a chocolate cake and a present for me. :)  ahhhh and already many members have invited us to eat dinner with them... yay!  yesterday at our meeting with our ward mission leader. his wife made me my favorite enchiladas rojas.. YUM

I have grown to love this ward, and Mexico.. It's kind of funny because I never thought I would serve in the mission, especially in Mexico.  But I have loved everything about here- the food, the people, the area... and I really will miss everything so much.... The mission has taught me so much- I will miss that....

But... we will see how this week goes. :)  The work with always continue, and there is even more work at home.  A quote I love from PME is 'The most important of the Lord's work you'll ever do will be within the walls of your own homes'.  

One last thing that I wanted to testify- I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses the family.  We only need to understand how to live it, and any problem that any family has- can be solved. 

With that I leave you with one scripture... 3 John 1:
13 I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee:
 14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.
For those who are still serving in the mission field- please send me your weekly letters to my other email- haleyzimm8@hotmail.com :)

LOVE YOU ALL!

Hermana Zimmerman

see you next monday ;)

last zone activity!  volleyball for life.
  not a very good pic... but our convert- member, and the rest of the fam and a friend investigators. :)  they are the best
 Hermana R, my comp and I.. 
 BAPTISM!
sisters in the zone. :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment