Monday, October 20, 2014

Best week ever!!!

Hola Todos!
So this week was pretty good!
To start off Wednesday... My birthday!! So this day actually pretty great.  We started out and had a great lesson with Hermana M.  She is just great, and told us the other day 'Hermanas, I just want you to know, that I want to be baptized.  I am ready!'  Her only problem is that she needs to either seperate from her boyfriend or marry him.. and every sunday she spends with her son, and right now he doesn't want to attend church, but she's working on him. :)   We later had 'lunch' with some members, and then they bought a cake!  Later in the evening the bishop wanted to celebrate so he invited us to his house before we went to our house before 9, but we didn't have time :(  So we ran to their house, were their for 5 minutes, and then ran to our house with more cake.  
The next few days were pretty busy, we had the baptismal interview for Hermano V, and because he is a man, we can only teach him if a sister accompanies us.  SO we were trying to find a member to come with us for about an hour, and at last, one Hermana A. who was baptized last week by the Elders came with us with our ward mission leader.  And she really was great, participated the entire time and shared her testimony, was perfect.  When our district leader came out of the interview with Hermano V they were all 'sad' and said he would be baptized in December (because that's been a joke, that Hermano V didn't want to be baptized until December) but he passed!!  
His baptism also went very well.  The daughter of Hermana A (who was baptized last week) was baptized with Hermano V.  
Story about Hermano V...  So, my first week here in Mexico, I'm pretty sure my first day proselyting we went to eat with a member family.  While we were there Hermano V. was there and my comp. was all 'How great!  He is a reference from the Hermana, and we need to teach him!'  so we taught him a lesson, and I invited him to be baptized, and he accepted.  Then for many weeks he assisted church (I'm pretty sure he assisted church at least 16 times) but kept on pushing off his baptismal date.  With my first comp he was pretty difficult as well, his answers always were 'who knows.. i don't know. '  always.  then as time progressed he started to answer with actual sentences, and the lessons became more of lessons.  With my 2nd comp. she wanted to drop him, because he just wasn't progessing like he should have.  BUT patience is a virtue. :)  And with my companion right now he finally accepted to be baptized and was baptized this past weekend.   And it turned out really well.  When he went into the water he was very serious, and I could honestly tell that he was ready to make this decision to be baptized.  It was just all around great. :)

This week we had a few other good lessons with new investigors-and one family that I am so happy about!  We contacted a family of 4, the parents, and their 2 kids, and another family memeber.. in the first lesson we were talking about prayer, and I was going to pray.  So we asked what was the name of the family (usually I don't share names BUT...)  they said Vazquez-Vallejo.  They also have family who are Mormons.. So of course I was thinking, 'oh!  I know a family who has the same last name of Vallejo, the dad is from Mexico, and they are my neighbors'.   Turns out that THEY ARE COUSINS!!!!  How crazy, to find a connection in Mexico??  So this family that I found in mexico has cousins who live 3 houses down from my house in Utah.  :) SAY WHAT??!  We have a lesson with them in about 45 minutes.

One last thing... this morning I was studying in 1 Nephi 18, and a few verses kind of hit me.. first off
 11 And it came to pass that Laman and Lemuel did take me andbind me with cords, and they did treat me with much harshness; nevertheless, the Lord did suffer it that he might show forth his power, unto the fulfilling of his word which he had spokenconcerning the wicked.
I like this scripture a lot, because even though Nephi had trials (like we all have)  the Lord didn't stop his enemies from hurting him.. haha well, what I like is that we can learn that God has a purpose.  Every challenge and trial that we face in our lives is for our benefit, or 'to show forth his power'.    and then..

 12 And it came to pass that after they had bound me insomuch that I could not move, the compass, which had been prepared of the Lord, did cease to work.

What is our 'Liahona'?  Well, I think it is the Holy Ghost.  Our guide in life whenever we need direction, BUT if we are not worthy, are not obedient, and don't listen, our 'liahona' doesn't work.  God has prepared a way for us to receive guidance in our life, but if we don't not live the commandments, and do the things that he asks, the Holy Ghost cannot be with us.  

Sorry this week's letter was pretty random.. But that's how life is.. :)  Oh and fun fact, this morning when I was washing my clothes, I received about 23 mosquito bites on my right leg and about 13 on my left leg.  #GraciasAMexico  

Have a great week everyone!  :)
Love,
Hermana Zimmerman
 
 Happy Birthday!  We ate with a member, and they bought me a cake :) #BestWardEver
 'Mordida!'  Haha they told me to take a bite of the cake... so I did and my comp shoved my face in the cake... :)
 Birthday cake with the bishop and his family!! :)  They are the best family ever. (besides mine)
 
 Happy Birthday "Miranda style":D
Baptism of Hermano V!!!! The Bishop baptized him. :) :)

Mis niñas!  These little girls are also my favorite.. SOO cute!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment